As we reported last week, the FBI is investigating hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions given to Republicans Josh Mandel and Jim Renacci from the employees of a marketing firm owned by Republican donor Benjamin Suarez.
The Toledo Blade reported about these highly-questionable donations almost a year ago, suggesting that the money was likely funneled by Suarez through his employees, which is illegal under federal campaign finance law.
Mandel’s team ignored the obvious evidence for over 10 months. But earlier this week, prompted by the FBI investigation, they finally gave the money back.
Jim Renacci’s campaign has so far been silent.
So we have to ask: When will Jim Renacci give back the over-100K in tainted campaign contributions he received from Suarez and his employees?
- Now might be a good time for Jim Renacci to give back those donations the FBI is investigating
- Jim Renacci tries (poorly) to change the subject about his FBI-investigated campaign donations
- Another day at the office as FBI probe consumes Josh Mandel, Jim Renacci campaigns
- Renacci announces he’s giving back tainted donations in whiny letter to opponent
- Jim Renacci throws in the towel?