According to a tweet from Ohio Public Radio’s Statehouse Bureau Chief Karen Kasler, a room full of Ohio Department of Transportation employees were treated today to a presentation “praising” the lease of the Indiana turnpike.
The Indiana turnpike, you may remember, was recently leased for 75 years to a company whose owners are from Spain and Australia They quickly proceeded to double the tolls for cars and trucks. And the company running the turnpike is still having problems paying the bills.
Foreign investors reaping profits from Ohio drivers. Tolls doubled. Maintenance reduced. That’s what we can expect from Kasich’s turnpike plan.
- Democrats Introduce Bill to Prevent Kasich from Leasing Turnpike
- Kasich Turnpike Plan Prediction: Free Local Tolls
- Indiana privatization consultant heads Ohio Turnpike study
- Confirmed: Turnpike Tolls Will Go Up, Maintenance Facilities Will Close Under Kasich’s Plans
- Senate Republicans Forcing Showdown with Kasich over Turnpike