With Romney/Ryan set to lose both Massachusetts and Wisconsin (RCP has Obama up 20.6 points and 5.4 points respectively) we wondered if there had been another presidential race when a ticket lost the home states (read: state of residency) of both the presidential and vice presidential candidates and still won the election.
It isn’t that common, but it has happened relatively recently.
Now taking guesses in the comments.
- John Kasich didn’t vote in last presidential election
- Kasich’s state of state address; A home on the range
- Dispatch Coverage of Presidential Race Jumps the Shark With Ryan “Dishgate” Photo
- Mitt Romney’s Halloween costume this year: Failed GOP Presidential candidate in Ohio
- Obama Campaign Files Lawsuit to Restore Some Early Voting – Don’t Lose Sight of Why This Matters