AFSCME, SEIU and the NEA launched a new ad in Ohio today targeting Congressman Pat Tiberi. The humorous TV spot focuses on possible cuts to federal healthcare programs. Viewers are urged to call Tiberi’s office to ask him not to cut “hundreds of billions of dollars from Medicare and Medicaid” that “will short change the people who need it the most.”
“Cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security would put the security and well being of Ohio families at risk. While Rep. Tiberi might be open to asking the wealthiest 2% to pay more, he needs to also stand firm and not support cuts to these vital programs as well,” said a senior AFSCME official.
Tiberi is one of four lawmakers being targeting in Virginia, Missouri, Ohio and Montana in the new ad campaign leading up to the National Day of Action on December 10.
- Cincy Right to Life jumps shark, opposes Medicaid
- Medicaid Expansion is All About the Benjamins
- More Medicaid, lower taxes: the position Kasich ISN’T taking could be his 2014 slam dunk
- Fiscal conservative? Then expand Medicaid to 218% of poverty
- Which Members of Congress Want to Cut the Medicaid Match for States?