The heat is getting turned up on State School Board President Debe Terhar after having garnered national attention for her misguided and extremist rhetoric regarding the President and his efforts to combat gun violence.
Ohio Democrats today are officially calling on Debe to resign. From a statement released by Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern said:
“While there is always room for respectful differences in opinions, State School Board President Terhar’s facebook posting crossed a clear line by connecting the President’s national discussion on guns to Adolf Hitler,” said Ohio Democratic Chairman Chris Redfern. “President Terhar’s invocation of Hitler is dangerousand should not be tolerated by Governor Kasich and the rest of the State School Board.
“In the past, Governor Kasich has called for more civility in the political debate, and now he has a prime opportunity to backup his words with action. In the absence of a full, formal apology from Terhar, Kasich has a duty to remove his hand-picked State School Board President from office. Under no circumstances is it permissible for Governor Kasich to look the other way while members of his Administration use dangerous, inflammatory rhetoric and images to further their political ideology.”
The release included a link to the original graphic and a screen shot of a status left by Terhar after the story broke:
Apparently, Team Kasich comms staff got our message:
— Plunderbund (@plunderbund) January 22, 2013
- School Board President Debe Terhar tries to rewrite history
- Ohio’s Debe Terhar Hitler Shame A Result of Questionable Appointments by John Kasich
- Ohio Board of Education President must act swiftly (i.e., email her now)
- Ohio’s Board of Education president announced as co-chair of Educators for Romney
- Kasich appoints former OSU quarterback to State Board of Education