Innovation Ohio released a report yesterday showing the local tax impact of John Kasich’s $1.8 billion in cuts to Ohio schools:
Since May 2011, Ohio voters have considered an unprecedented $1.1 billion in new property and income taxes for schools. Voters passed just over 40% of that amount, approving school levies equal to $487 million in new taxes.
This doesn’t even come close to covering all of the tax hikes for local and county services that resulted from Kasich’s budget cuts to locals.
Keep this in mind when the Governor’s team tells you they cut your taxes.
- Voters in Medina County facing consequences of Kasich budget in a nutshell
- House GOP considered helping communities with fracking taxes, then succumbed to election year jitters
- PolitiFact may have spoken too soon about Kasich budget cuts
- Kasich’s 2011 education budget deceptions should leave us leery in 2013
- Starting cost for cops in all of Ohio’s schools: $220 Million