As part of his school funding roll out today, Governor Kasich promised to provide every charter school in the state an additional $100 per child to pay for “facilities”.
In the 2010-2011 school year Ohio had 114,667 children in charter schools.
Total new funds sent to charter schools for “facilities”: $11,466,700
- Did you know? Charter schools pull students & funding directly from 99% of Ohio’s school districts
- Charter schools propped up by state funding – how much is your school district losing?
- Expect Pro-Charter School Funding Plan from Kasich this Week
- State Rep wants new license plates honoring failing charter schools
- Reality Check: Ohio Charter Schools Are Exempt From Over 150 State Education Laws