As we recently reported, Governor Kasich’s latest budget proposal aims to provide a huge state income tax cut to wealthy Ohioans while shifting the tax burden down to regular folks in the form of an expanded sales taxes.
A quick review of the new services that will be taxed seems to indicate that Governor Kasich has completely abandoned fun. Here’s a quick list from Gongwer:
- Admission to cultural events
- Admission to professional sports events
- Admission to school and college sports events
- Amusement park admission & rides
- Billiard parlors
- Bowling alleys
- Cable TV services
- Circuses and fairs — admission and games
- Coin operated video games
- Membership fees in private clubs.
- Pari-mutuel racing events
- Pinball and other mechanical amusements
- Rental of films and tapes by theaters
- Dating Services
- Fishing and hunting guide services
We won’t be surprised if Kasich tries to tax other “fun” stuff too, like ….
- mimes and magicians
- clowns and wedding singers
- laser tag
- roller skating
- roller coasters
- machine gun rentals
- porn downloads
- shooting range time
- lap dances
We’ll leave you with Jon Spencer – who, we imagine, would be none to pleased by Kasich’s new taxes…
No related stories.