The Ohio House GOP has released their budget, and it’s a doozy. They defund Planned Parenthood, set up the “Parenting and Pregnancy Program” (I’m going to assume this is funding for crisis pregnancy centers), and cut the Medicaid expansion against the wishes of more than 3/4 of the House.
Speaker Batchelder says that there are too many questions about Medicaid to go forward, so he’s denying health care to 350,000 Ohioans.
That’s so ludicrous that the Speaker should resign immediately. Obamacare was passed before the GOP controlled the Ohio House of Representatives. He has had 3 years to seek answers about Obamacare.
Instead, he spent his time:
1. Busting public sector unions
2. Suppressing the African-American vote
3. Passing two bills on the same day to ban abortion after 20 weeks and7 weeks
4. Slashing school and local government funding
5. Making it harder for abused girls to get abortions
6. Rigging the legislative and congressional districts in the state
7. Letting people bring guns into the Statehouse parking garage
8. Banning insurance coverage for abortion until a woman is dying
9. Sending public money to charter schools that perform worse than public schools
10. Trying to defund Planned Parenthood
When Republicans retook the House majority in 2010, Obamacare was the law of the land. Implementing it was part of the job they were seeking; sure, they were hoping that SCOTUS would overturn it, but that’s honestly even worse. If they had deep-seated concerns about the meaning of Medicaid, they shouldn’t have run for a position that spends a third of its money on Medicaid.
They chose to line their own pockets by pandering to their extremist base with “message” bills, and never thought to even ask what was up with this whole “Medicaid” thing.
Speaker Batchelder should be ashamed that he’s spending money to deny people health care. He should resign because he’s obviously not interested in doing his job.