Republican State Rep Ron Maag is looking for cosponsors for an anti-union, Right to Work bill he plans to introduce in the Ohio House.
Maag’s “Workplace Freedom” bill will deal only with public sector unions and will “remove any requirement under the Public Employees Collective Bargaining Law that public employees join or pay dues to any employee organization and prohibits public employers from requiring public employees to join or pay dues to any employee organization.”
In early 2011, Maag voted for Senate Bill 5, which would have decimated collective bargaining rights for Ohio’s public sector workers. The bill sparked a huge pro-labor backlash. The law was overturned by referendum.
- State Rep Roegner to introduce private sector “right to work” bill
- Ron Hood Prepares to Introduce Version of Unconstitutional Bill to Jail Cops
- State Reps Thompson & Young introduce bill to kill Ohio’s healthcare exchange
- Republican Matt Lynch to introduce another anti-immigrant bill
- The Birdman of Marietta to introduce another human-animal hybrid bill