Numbers released today by ODJFS and by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics show that Ohio’s unemployment rate exceeded the US average for the past two months. In September Ohio’s rate was 7.4% and in October it again jumped to 7.5%. The average US rate is current 7.3%.
The following chart shows the change in the US and Ohio unemployment rates over the past 12 months. While the US rate has trended downward for most of 2013, Ohio has continued to trend upward, jumping from 6.9% last October to the current rate of 7.5%.
- Gap Continues To Grow Between Ohio Unemployment Rate And National Average
- Obamacare rates lower than expected; Ohio’s rates above average
- Gallup State Scorecards: Ohio Economic Metrics Weak Or Average
- JobsOhio Spends Nearly $1.8 Million On Salaries In Six Months
- Latest JobsOhio Failure: JPMorgan Chase