Reince Priebus, the Republican National chairman, is always quaintly informative about his party’s workaday world. His latest comment to a conservative radio host told us that Republicans have “begun focusing in” on Hillary Clinton as the likely Democratic presidential nominee and are preparing to go after her on a “lot of rough stuff”, including Benghazi.
That resonated so quickly in his party that there are already said to be serious discussions under way to stage the 2016 Republican convention in Benghazi to sharpen public interest in the murderous attack on the U.S. Embassy. They said it would be the GOP’s perfect fallback position after losing its gamble that Obamacare would fail.
The RNC also is planning a national campaign to instruct the delegates on where to find Libya on the map.
- The Lighter Side: GOP vs. Tea Party: What’s in a name?
- The Lighter Side: Goodness Gracious, Rummy’s Back To Ape The President
- The Lighter Side: Karl Rove Spreading Joy For Democrats
- The Lighter Side: Lincoln Day Dinners To Feature Papa John’s Pizza!
- The Lighter Side: Will Texas Exclude Cattle From Ban On Sexual Intercourse?