Thrilled by the recent success of awarding 50 lottery-produced tickets to Gov. Kasich’s state of the state speech, Republican insiders are said to be hopeful of applying the same scheme to a voter-repressed pool.
With the pending doom of the so-called Golden Week that would have permitted six additional days for same-day registration and voting (as in 2012), GOP electoral guards reportedly are supporting a lottery that would hand out 100 same-day voting and registration tickets for this year’s election.
An enthusiastic aide to the governor said such a plan would not only be fail-safe but quite likely encourage the lucky winners to vote Republican in gratitude for the party’s deep concern for voting rights.
- The Lighter Side: GOP vs. Tea Party: What’s in a name?
- The Lighter Side: Kasich To Bail Out Browns’ Woeful Search For Coach
- The Lighter Side: Boehner’s Back With Another Obamacare Tale
- Lighter Side: A Tip To GOP Diners: Leave Bigger Tips At Party Dinner
- Lighter Side: Cloning Machine Goes Haywire As John Kasich Prepares To Run For Ohio Governor And President In 2016