In case you missed it, our friend Jill Miller Zimon is running for state rep in Ohio’s 12th district against incumbent Democrat John E. Barnes Jr.
In the past few weeks, Jill has picked up a long list of endorsements that includes: the Ohio Democratic Party, the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party, the Ohio Education Association, NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio, the Ohio AFL-CIO and dozens of other important individuals and organizations. You can check out Jill’s campaign website for the most recent list.
Mr. Barnes’ website does not appear to be active, so the only actual endorsement we have been able to confirm for him came from the ever-relevant Cleveland Plain Dealer Editorial Board – the same group that endorsed John Kasich in 2010 – in a story posted to the PD’s website on Wednesday around 6PM. We were also told he may have been endorsed by a local Democratic club in Bedford, but we haven’t been able to confirm this.
Still, Barnes’ campaign has spent weeks posting signs claiming he is the “Endorsed Democrat.”
We think this claim should come with a warning: “statements on this sign are not as honest as they appear.”
- The Unfortunate Work History Of State Rep. John Barnes Jr.
- Jill Miller Zimon On The Ballot For Ohio State Rep
- Anti-Union Group Making GOTV Calls For John Barnes, Jr. In Democratic Primary
- Michelle Rhee’s Anti-Union Group Supporting John Barnes In Democratic Primary
- State Rep Brenner Fundraises Using Email List From Wife’s Blog