We just received the audio recording of a GOTV call from Michelle Rhee’s anti-union, anti-teacher, pro-charter school group StudentsFirst. It appears as though they have a copy of the Ohio voter file, and they are calling voters in Ohio’s 12th State House District in a last-minute push to support State Rep. John Barnes, Jr.
Rhee’s StudentsFirst organization is based in Sacramento, California, but the mailers list a PO Box in Amelia, OH. According to the Ohio Secretary of State’s website, StudentsFirst is not an organization registered in Ohio. Either way, Sacramento and Amelia are both very far from Ohio’s 12th House District.
As we reported yesterday, Mr. Barnes has a very unfortunate work history with the City of Cleveland, having been repeatedly reprimanded and ultimately fired for inappropriate behavior, and removed from a director-level position because he was believed to have sexually harassed one of his female employees. But that hasn’t stopped StudentsFirst from promoting Barnes.
Barnes is facing former Pepper Pike Councilwoman Jill Miller Zimon in Tuesday’s Democratic primary which will likely determine who will represent the 12th District starting in 2015. There is no Republican candidate running for that district.
Here’s the recording from our friend Norm Young:
- Michelle Rhee’s Anti-Union Group Supporting John Barnes In Democratic Primary
- Rhee’s Anti-Union Group Supporting Patmon In Democratic Primary
- The Unfortunate Work History Of State Rep. John Barnes Jr.
- Rhee’s Anti-Union Group Sends New Round Of Nasty Mailers For Patmon
- State Rep Barnes Claims He’s The “Endorsed Democrat”?