Republican Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor’s chief of staff and her administrative assistant resigned today after a record request from Plunderbund revealed that Laura Johnson and her assistant Heather Brandt had been billing the state for hours they were not working.
The Associated Press released their story about the resignation at 2:36 PM today. The Ohio Department of Administrative Services finally released the records to us 2:40 PM, four minutes after the story was published online.
Plunderbund filed the request after receiving a tip that Johnson and Brandt had been stealing state time, working on John Kasich’s reelection campaign while being paid by the state.
Links to the requested records can be found below:
- Six Months Later And Still No Investigation Into LG Mary Taylor’s Fired Staffers
- Is High Turnover In Lt Governor’s Office Result Of “Hostile Work Environment”?
- Ohio Supreme Court Hears Arguments In Plunderbund v Kasich Administration
- ODP Chief Blasts Team Kasich For Repeatedly Lying About Relations With GOP Mega-Donor Ben Suarez
- Will Somebody Please Explain To Mary Taylor That Obamacare Is The Law?