Governor John Kasich appointed Republican Cathye Smith Flory from Hocking County to the State School Board yesterday, filling the seat left open when Darryl Mehaffie resigned last week.
Flory previously served 12 years on the Logan-Hocking Board of Education.
According to an article on LoganDaily.com, Flory and another candidate agreed that “children should be taught the various theories and decide for themselves what is right for them.”
Today, class, we will be watching another episode of Cosmos and discussing the Earth’s place in the Universe. Tomorrow we will discuss the possibility that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. And remember, Friday is the last day to bring in your dioramas of humans riding on dinosaurs.
- Athens School Board Member: Charter Schools Focus On Profit Not Students
- GOP-Linked Group Running Ads In Cincinnati School Board Race
- Springboro’s school board wackadoodles take their crazy show on the road
- Tea Party activists continue shady school board shenanigans
- Creationism As Science? Knowledge A La Carte