Michael Ryan, a paleontologist at the Cleveland Museum of Natural history, has been deservedly recognized in the media as a scientist who identified a new species of horned dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago. Now that he has achieved that goal, we can only guess what he might discover by poking around in the hallowed ground under the Ohio General Assembly. The horned dinosaur has been called Mercuriceratops gemini, which is a mouthful, I know, but as dinosaurs go, it is easier to comprehend than some of the utterings of, say, Rep. John Becker, a right-wing Republican whose ideas predate the horned dinosaur by millions of years.
- The Lighter Side: Does GOP Have A Lottery Plan To Extend Voting Rights?
- The Lighter Side: Lake Erie To Be Renamed Lake Ohio
- Lighter Side: A Tip To GOP Diners: Leave Bigger Tips At Party Dinner
- The Lighter Side: GOP vs. Tea Party: What’s in a name?
- The Lighter Side: Kasich reveals he won’t tell West Virginia why Ohio is a success