John Kasich took to Twitter this afternoon in an attempt to capitalize on the announcement that LeBron James would be returning to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Never one to sweat the details, Kasich’s Twitter jockeys didn’t bother to check how LeBron (with a capital B) spells his name or take the time to verify that they were referencing his actual Twitter account. Instead, they ended up referencing a LeBron James “parody page”. (James’ real Twitter name is @KingJames).
Here’s the Tweet:
Then again, John Kasich has never been much of a LeBron James fan. “I’m not singing in any chorus for LeBron James,” Kasich told a radio host back in 2010 when James, arguably the best basketball player in the world and a native of Akron, Ohio, was considering leaving the state for Florida. “The last guy I worry about is LeBron James.”
This is the second time this week Kasich’s crack team of social media gurus tried to capitalize on a story about Cleveland and failed miserably. On Wednesday, Kasich supporters had a field day mocking the governor for a photo that showed him catching a much-reviled sheephead while wearing what appears to be business attire.
I’ll leave you with a short video of Kasich’s original comments on LeBron James…
- If Cavs Clinch NBA Title, Will John Kasich Still Disrespect Lebron James?
- Polling Ohio: Boehner Bombs, Lebron Stuffs Manziel, Ohio Really Does Hate Michigan
- FitzGerald A Key In Cleveland GOP Convention Decision
- Cleveland Newspaper Misidentifies Biggest 2014 Story: PD’s Terrible Take Down Of Gov. Kasich ‘Being A Jerk’ Video
- Kasich Refuses To Answer Candidate Questionnaire, Still Gets PD/NEO Media Endorsement