It seems Mike DeWine’s unfolding pay to play scandal hasn’t stopped his closest friends and political allies from holding big dollar fundraisers for his campaign. Just recently Mike Kiggen, a friend of DeWine’s from his law school days, held a fundraiser that featured some exotic guests.
According to ProgressOhio, Kiggen lobbies on behalf of law firms seeking special counsel work with the AG’s office. And Kiggen’s fundraiser comes just days after it was revealed that DeWine has no formal process in place for choosing who is awarded lucrative special counsel contracts from his office. Instead, DeWine appears to pick the winners himself.
It turns out DeWine wasn’t the only special guest at Kiggen’s fundraiser. They also invited a diaper-wearing lemur named Mojo from Our Zoo to You, an Akron-area company that rents exotic animals for parties.
As far as we can tell, this GOP fundraiser had no kids in attendance…
- DeWine Pay-To-Play Cookbook: “Future Work” For Old Friends
- DeWine, A Crusader For A Theocratic State
- Lobbyist Resigns Education Post, Right-To-Life Lobbyist Still Sitting On Ohio Medical Board
- DeWine Pay-To-Play Cookbook: A New Rainmaker At The Firm
- No Criteria, Lots Of Cash: DeWine Bid Process A Perfect Model Of Pay To Play