Earlier this week Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine continued his fight against a Federal Judge’s decision to grant John Arthur the right to have his husband’s name appear on his death certificate. Arthur and Jim Obergefell, a Cincinnati couple, were legally married in Maryland. John recently passed away from ALS, but Mike DeWine continues to battle his dying wish in court.
In response, Freedom to Marry Ohio and other groups held a rally in Cincinnati with Ted Strickland and David Pepper, Mike DeWine’s Democratic opponent for Attorney General.
“Mike DeWine continues to waste his time and our taxpayer dollars on his crusade against an Ohioan who passed away nearly one year ago,” said David Pepper. “It’s time to end this sad spectacle and get to work solving the pressing problems facing Ohio communities.”
- BREAKING: DeWine Continues Fighting History on Same Sex Marriage
- Pressure Builds On DeWine To Stop Defending Ohio’s Ban On Same Sex Marriage
- Pepper Wins FOP Endorsement, DeWine Posts Picture Of Himself With A Sheriff
- Pepper Brings The Heat: How Mike DeWine Has Failed Ohio And How David Pepper Can Fix It
- David Pepper Spices Up AG Race With Takedown Of Mike DeWine On Growing Pay To Play Scandal