Ah… the ALS ice bucket challenge. Seems like everyone is doing it. As the name suggests, the challenge involves dumping a “bucket” of ice water over your head to raise awareness of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
John Kasich took the challenge this week, along with many other Ohioans including Ted Strickland and OCSEA President Chris Mabe. We’ve included screen shots of these three videos below. See if you can identify the one that’s not like the others…
Clearly Kasich missed the point.
It’s unclear if Kasich actually donated any money to fight ALS, but we do know this: back when Kasich was Budget Committee Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives, he pushed through a budget that drastically cut research funding to the National Institutes of Health.
You can watch Kasich’s video below. We especially like the part at the end where he squeals like a small child.
UPDATED: We’ve decided to add some photos of other folks who actually did the Ice Bucket Challenge better than John Kasich and his tiny cereal bowl of water…
- Will the anti-climate change folks enjoy salt water?
- David Pepper: Time For DeWine To Stop Wasting Taxpayer Dollars Fighting Same Sex Marriage
- Central Ohio PAC Counters Kasich With Must-See Videos
- Cuyahoga County GOP Offers “Gay Games 9″ Athletes, Fans Red Plastic Water Bottles. Nothing Else
- Josh Mandel Refuses To Negotioate With Employees After Giving 20% Pay Raises To Friends