The Ohio Republican Party says it has found a scandal in Democratic State Sen. Nina Turner’s campaign against Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted. According to the party’s top flak, Chris Schrimpf, Turner is …um…”too partisan”.
Although Schrimpf’s assessment of Turner hardly rises above the level of playground insults, it is the stuff one would expect from a spokesperson who once labored in the non-partisan inner circles of righties like Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue.
Schrimpf doesn’t think Turner is playing nice by referring to Republicans as “stupid and dumb”, words not unfamiliar to Gov. Kasich who famously called a Columbus police officer an “idiot”. So I have to ask: What is the dividing line between “partisan” and “too partisan”?
We should all be thankful that we aren’t faced with answering such pressing questions in our workaday lives.
- Turner Leads Husted In Latest PPP Poll For Ohio SOS Race
- Nina Turner, David Pepper on Same Voter Rights Page
- Ohio GOP Tries To Bite Back As New Poll Shows Kasich’s Failure To Launch
- Ohio GOP Comms Director Thinks Ohioans Should Be Thankful For Maggots In Prison Food
- Mythiness, The GOP Art Of Mythical Stuff