Today the Plain Dealer confirmed a rumor that’s been floating around for a few days: Jim Renacci has cancelled all of this broadcast television ad spending through the election.
I have no clue what his strategists are thinking. Even with the great early voting turnout in Ohio, this appears to give Betty Sutton a huge advantage in a race that has been nearly tied in the polls for months.
Haley Morris at the DCCC told us: ”It’s clear millionaire tax cheat Congressman Renacci doesn’t want to throw good money after bad. With just two weeks until election day, Congressman Renacci has given up defending his failed record gutting Medicare and shipping jobs overseas so he can concentrate on defending his tax evasion.”
It appears, as Sutton spokesperson Steve Fought put it, ”Renacci took his team off the field with two minutes left on the clock.”
- Now might be a good time for Jim Renacci to give back those donations the FBI is investigating
- Jim Renacci tries (poorly) to change the subject about his FBI-investigated campaign donations
- New Ad: who is Jim Renacci “to decide who lives and dies?”
- Jim Renacci is NOT a centrist Republican
- When will Jim Renacci give back campaign donations being investigated by FBI?