Today’s story is the incredibly long lines to vote across Ohio. Unlike in 2008, early voting was limited to weekdays by Secretary of State Jon Husted. But thanks to a lawsuit by the Obama campaign, two weekend days were restored — yesterday and today — and the lines clearly demonstrate that Ohioans want (or need) to vote on the weekend.
Don’t like long lines to vote? Be sure to let your State Representative and State Senator know. The GOP is already promising to revisit Ohio’s early voting process during the lame duck legislative session later this month, and you can bet it won’t be to make it more available.
Here are scenes from around the state, courtesy of Twitter:
Did we miss your voting location? Tweet us your early voting story or photos.
- Big Win for Early Voting Advocates as SC Refuses to Allow Husted to Limit Early Voting
- The Obama/ODP lawsuit would RESTORE early voting for ALL Ohioans
- Latest legal wrangling still means no voting on weekends
- ODP Chairman Redfern Comments on Early Voting Win
- Blade, PD Call for Restoration of Early Voting, Dispatch MIA