According to Politifact Josh Mandel has been trying to console his supporters with the wonderful news that his “race was the closest U.S. Senate race in Ohio in 36 years”. For once, Politifact actually rates this statement by Mandel as true.
A more interesting fact is how much it cost him to do it.
If you add up the $40 million dollars spent by outside groups and the nearly $20 Million the Mandel campaign raised, and divide that by the 2,644,425 votes Mandel received, you’ll discover that it cost Mandel and his supporters $22.69 for each vote.
Without a doubt, this is certainly the most money anyone has ever spent to lose a Senate race in Ohio.
- Josh Mandel Refuses To Negotioate With Employees After Giving 20% Pay Raises To Friends
- Ohio Senate again seeking to change Third Grade Reading Guarantee
- Mandel to give back (half of) tainted Suarez donations (again)
- Ohio Senate proposes tax cut on money paid to out-of-state investors
- Ohio Senate Introduces Bill To Change Teacher Evaluations…Again